Introductory Massage Certificate Course
recreational (Swedish/ holistic massage) introductory massage course introduces
you to the wonderful world of massage as a career taster and/or to treat
friends and family.
This is a foundation course for all massage styles, (Swedish, Ayurvedic etc.),
and not only will you have a relaxing evening out for less than the price of many
entertainments, you will learn how to give a full body massage
including elements of reflexology, head massage and facials.
An introductory massage course enabling students to safely and effectively apply
massage techniques for relaxation, therapy and pain relief including:
- Health and safety.
- Massage theory.
- Massage mediums and principals of aromatherapy.
- Client management and draping.
- Full body massage techniques.
- Instruction and practice on how to perform a complete full body massage
including feet including the basics of reflexology, head and face massage.
(Front torso massage is optional.)
This course is available with one to one personal tuition on voluntary models, groups as can be arranged, or by
- Personal tuition - 8.5 hours massage instruction and practice on voluntary models
with times to suit.
Your teacher explains and demonstrates the techniques and then you get to
practice on the model. Guidance and correction are provided as required.
- Lesson one 90 minutes
Covers health and safety, theory, massage mediums, massage to the back and
- Lesson two 90 minutes
Review of massage to the back plus the legs, feet and basic
- Lesson three 90 minutes
A review of the previous lessons then including front torso, arms and
hands – full body as time allows.
- Lesson four 90 minutes
Full body with more time spent on, arms, hands, head and face.
- Lesson five 60 minutes
Putting together a full body massage.
- Lesson six 60 minutes
A full body review.
- Course fee $430.00 including the online class manual.
- An optional one hour massage from the tutor to experience what you
are doing to others is an additional $40.00.
Attendance notes – more
If you can gather your friends for a small
class of 2 - 4 people the class is more social yet you get plenty of personal
guidance to understand and treat the human body with safety and confidence at our Philpotts Rd address
Class format with 2 students
Explanation - Demonstration and guided practice as above.
Lesson one 90 minutes
Covers health and safety, theory, massage mediums, massage to the back and legs
with students practising on each other.
Lesson two 90 minutes
Review of massage to the back neck and shoulders & backs of the legs
with students practising on voluntary models.
Lesson three 90 minutes
A review of the previous lessons plus the feet, basic reflexology and fronts of the legs
with students practising on voluntary models.
Lesson four 90 minutes
A review of the previous lessons plus body front, arms and hands with
students practising on voluntary models.
Lesson five 2 hours
A full body review with students massaging each other.
- Course fee $350.00 including the class manual.
Class format with 4 students
Explanation - Demonstration and guided practice.
Class duration - two hours
In class your teacher will explain and demonstrate massage techniques
which you then
practice on another class member and they practice on you, the teacher
assists as needed.
Covers health and safety, theory, massage mediums, massage to the back.
Review of massage to the back neck and shoulders & backs of the legs.
The feet including basic reflexology and fronts of the legs
Body front, arms and hands (chest massage is optional),
Review what has been covered plus neck, face and head massage
Putting it all together as a full body massage
- Course fee $230.00 including the class manual. (Repeating Students
- Includes lifetime membership to
our online student manual with class notes and videos for broadband users.
- Everyone completing the course is issued with a certificate as a pdf
file emailed to them that can be stored or printed.
Commonly Asked Questions.
Enquiries; Ph 03 980 4646 or Email
Registration - Contact
Phone 03 980 4646
- Differences between this course and courses at other institutions:
- This course is more comprehensive than most.
- Classes are all hands on.
- You get to see, hear, do and feel everything about the massage.
- A printed certificate may be requested, printed on nice paper at an
additional cost of $5.00.
- Many have used this experience to begin work in the industry.
- Why does this course cost less than so many others?
Because it's a home based community service and not for profit.
- Attendance notes
- You do not need any books, to support your learning, a 52 page ring bound class manual or a
lifetime membership to our on line student manual
is included in the $230.00 fee.
- Massage tables, oils and everything necessary are supplied for lessons.
- Students learning with personal tuition will find the above lesson plan
- All students completing the course receive a certificate as a PDF file
emailed to you, or it may be printed for you to collect at a cost of $5.00.
- A massage table is recommended for your practise, you can sometimes get good 2nd hand, and
Aurora Tables from about
- Graduates may go on to more advanced
courses including Swedish,
Lomi Lomi, Hot Stone, Energy healing, Yoga therapy
my home business
"A relaxing evening out" Jane
"I always sleep well after this class" Alister
"An excellent, comprehensive all round course". Fiona.
"Thanks for great evening and I am looking forward to the next class" Gary
"I’d like to take this opportunity in thanking you for the beginners course. I
truly enjoyed myself on both giving and receiving massages and certainly learnt
a lot. I look forward to attending the intermediate course next year." Lynley
"Thanks for the certificate, I really enjoyed the course." Julie
"Such an amazing course and great value for money, you don't charge anywhere
near enough for the amount you give" Jay